Twilight Sailing at Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club commences on Wednesday 21 October 2020 and concludes for the season on Wednesday 14 April 2021.
Twilight sailing is conducted in accordance with the Standard Sailing Instructions subject to additions and amendments published in the Supplementary Sailing Instructions (see link below).
Twilight Sailing is open to any yacht registered with a yacht club affiliated with Yachting WA.
All boats must sign on for each occassion they intend to participate by sending and SMS to 0422 654 833 advising the boat name, skippers name, sail number and number of persons on board. All boats must sign off again by SMS to the same number.
- A Fleet starts at 1815 hrs (Div 1, BW8, Sports Boats and Etchells)
- B Fleet starts at 1820 hrs (All other classes)
Twilight Sailing occurs every Wednesday evening throughout the summer season with the exception of Wednesday 30 December 2020. Additional Twillights are conducted on 31st December (New Year’s Eve) and 25 April (Anzac Day). Note: Special start time of 1600 applies to all fleets on Anzac Day.
Twilight Schedule – See RFBYC Sailing Handbook fixgtures here
Supplementary Sailing Insurances and Courses
To ensure a safe and enjoyable sail we draw the attention of our twilight sailors to the following items:
- It is recommended all yachts carry a VHF radio on board and maintain a listening watch.
- PFD’s shall be carried on board for each person on the boat.
- The Time Limit is 20:00. Any boat that has not finished or signed off by SMS by 20:00 is solely responsible for their own safety.
- Skippers are reminded they are responsible for their crew.
- Skippers should be careful not to exceed the number of passengers displayed on the builders plate and if this is not present, common-sense must prevail. Overloading is dangerous.
- Skippers are reminded of their responsibility with respect to the consumption of alcohol.
- It is recommended that skippers carry out a safety briefing including Man over Board drills prior to leaving the pen.