Saturday Casual Crew Register: October – April
In addition to the Crew Bulletin Boards, RFBYC has a Casual Crew Register on Saturdays from mid-October through until mid-April. Each week there are yachts looking for casual crew to fill in for absent crew members. To secure a position simply come down to the Club any Saturday between 11:45 and 13:00 dressed ready to go sailing ie: shorts, top, jumper, spray jacket, deck shoes or non-marking sneakers, hat and sunscreen. Please report to the Crew Placement Desk on the main driveway where our friendly Crew Coordinator will place you on a yacht to sail on for the afternoon. The Casual Crew Register is an ideal starting point for people interested in sailing.
Thursday Afternoon Club Racing – All Year Round
The Club also conducts Thursday afternoon races all year round commencing from 15:00. Racing is less complicated with boats restricted to jib and mainsail only (ie: no spinnakers). Casual crew are always welcome.
RFBYC in no way accepts responsibility for the accuracy of any information posted on the Crew Bulletin Boards.
Yacht racing can be dangerous. It is a condition of acceptance by RFBYC that any information posted on the Crew Bulletin Board or the Casual Crew Register by crews and owners/skippers, that they understand that they voluntarily accept all risks associated with participation on any vessel or with any owner or skipper or crew to whom they may be introduced through the Crew Bulletin Board of Casual Crew Register. By submitting their details each crew and owner/skipper (as the case may be):
- Acknowledges and agrees that neither RFBYC nor any other organising Club nor any servant, employee, officer or agent thereof makes any representation about or otherwise warrants the condition or suitability of any vessel or the competence or suitability of any skipper or crew, or accepts any liability for loss of life or injury to any person or loss or damage to any vessel, equipment or other property, and
- Confirms that he/she has read and understands RFBYC SI 27 (which applies to all RFBYC races) and which states as follows:-
- All those taking part in Club races do so at their own risk and responsibility.
- The Club is not responsible for the seaworthiness of a boat whose entry is accepted or the sufficiency or adequacy of its equipment. The Club reserves the right to refuse an entry.
- Attention is drawn to Rule 4 which states: ‘The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone’.
- In submitting details on the Crew Bulletin Boards & Casual Crew Register, both boat owners/skippers and crew applicants, acknowledge that they have read and understand the above information and agree to their personal details being listed on the registers.